Spring is creeping in and its time to ditch those blazers and fall coats and embrace breezy skirts and flirty vests. Here's our lowdown on the top 5 trends of spring that you can easily incorporate into your wardrobe!
1. Neon nails: Bright nails can hinge on tacky when done terribly. Wear without adding clashing prints to your ensemble and keep neutrals heavy. Think a pretty neon green or yellow for a dash of fun!
2. Printed skirts: Summery skirts are our go-to for spring so pull out those chiffon skirts. We like bright prints and cool motifs. No logos, please! To style for the highest impact, try a slightly fitted tank or short sleeved tee in a soft jersey or high quality silk fabric (as a more high end option), tucked slightly in with wedges for the day. Perhaps add a small satchel to accessorize!
Remember the golden rule of silhouette and fit: if the top is loose, the bottom should be fitted and vice versa.
3. Bright jeans: Vibrantly colored jeans have been a consistent trend which means you're buying into something that will last you for a long time. Colors that pop include mint greens, peaches, rose pinks, lapis blue, plums, sunshine yellow and such. Throw on a graphic tee and a blazer for day + shrunken leather jacket at night and you're definitely going to master insouciant cool with that effortlessly chic look. Add combat boots and envious stares are inevitable!
4. Funky vests: Vests are an easy way to add a little zing to any outfit. Fur vests, leather vests, silk waterfall style ones, embellished ones, all work and look absolutely fabulous. They're an update on a closet staple you should definitely work on incorporating into your spring wardrobe. Throw on top of an outfit consisting of a pair of slightly frayed denim cutoffs, a breton striped tee and a vest. Maybe a fedora and some oxford shoes should give you a touch of Parisian chic.
5. Loafers: Loafers are the new ballet flat. They make you look sophisticated and fashion forward, no matter what you wear them with. Ponyhair and studded styles are the best, so try and throw those on with skinny jeans and a blazer. We love a dash of whimsy that a colorful scarf and a pair of clubmasters will add.
What are your favorite spring trends? We'd love to hear from you!
Dr. Edward Kwak is one of Manhattan's premier facial plastic surgeons. Book your first consultation now! Call our clinic at 212.229.1100 or shoot us an email anytime at email@example.com! We can't wait to hear from you.